Friday, October 7, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus

Alright I know the name of this is extra weird. You are potentially thinking hummus is meant to be savory not sweet. At least that is what I thought when I first saw this recipe.

I adapted my recipe from a food blog I follow called Pinch of Yum.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbs carmel sauce
2 tbs cinnamon maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Cook dried beans in slow cooker on high for 4 hours until soft, rinse and use (or just use canned ones).
Blend all ingredients minus flour and chocolate in a food processor.
Add flour by spoonful and blend then stir in chocolate.
Chill and serve on graham crackers.

Testing Notes:
If you can't find cinnamon maple syrup just use regular maple syrup and add a pinch of cinnamon to the recipe.
I used Lactaid milk but soy or coconut or any other milk sub would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment