Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baking Therapy


My mom called this morning.
EARLY.
I knew when I saw her calling so early-
that it wasn't good news.
I could feel it in my stomach.

Today I am praying for my family.
I believe in a God who is Creator of all
He is FAITHFUL.
My trust is in Him.

Home seems VERY far away.
I want to be there.

I bake as therapy
and hug my puppy and husband of course
who are my rocks.

I normally bake from scratch, specially being lactose intolerant I like to know what is in my food. However Tastefully Simple just came out with these new scones and I couldn't wait to try them. They do contain a little bit of dairy in the mix but, today, they will be worth it.

Cranberry Orange Scones

Ingredients:
1 cup yogurt
(I used Green Valley Organic Lactose Free Yogurt, Honey flavored)

Directions:
* Mix scone mix w/ yogurt and a little water if batter is too thick.
* Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and press down slightly.
* Sprinkle sugar packet on top
* Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
* Cool, cut into wedges and serve warm

Kitchen Notes:
* The original recipe calls for butter and milk. I used yogurt as a sub. They turned out great!
* Box says you can add 1/2 cup white choc chips, if I would have had them I would have added. That sounds amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment