Thursday, June 2, 2011

Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette

Lately I haven't been baking much as I hate to heat up the house on a beautiful summer day when I can have the windows open and the air conditioning off in the house. Today I went back to experimenting with salad dressings. I love making my own and have realized how simple it is. My creation today is Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette

Combine 2/3 cup EVOO - 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or white) - 1 Tbs dijon mustard - 2 tsp honey - salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a screw-top jar (I used an old jelly jar). Shake jar vigorously.

Let sit in fridge to blend flavors for several hours. Oil may settle so make sure to shake before using. Can't wait to try this on salads or as a marinade on meats!

Other ideas: add fresh herbs - garlic or shallots - swap orange juice for some vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment