Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hummus... again!

Here is another hummus recipe that I am totally in love with this month! Olives are my weak spot especially stuffed olives: jalapeno, red pepper, almond, garlic, etc. My favorite as of lately are the garlic stuffed olives. We buy them in bulk from either Whole Foods (9.99/lb) or Sunflower (6.99/lb). This is what I came up with...

Garlic Olive Hummus

Ingredients:
1.5 cups Garbanzo Beans (save $$ by buying dried in the bulk section and cook until soft in crockpot)
20 garlic stuffed olives
1/4 cup grapeseed oil (any oil will work, such as EVOO)
2 TBS lemon juice

Place ingredients in food processor and blend together, add a little water to get a creamy consistently.
* note I did not add any salt to this, the olives did that for me - you could add pepper to taste if you wanted that flavor

The garlic in this recipe is perfect because it is already tender and marinaded from being stuffed in the olive so you don't have to worry about a strong or bitter flavor. this just might be my favorite Hummus yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment