Friday, June 24, 2011

Fruit Cobbler


I love summer fruits, specially raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches! I buy fresh all summer and enough to freeze for winter. Last week peaches were on sale and I bought several pounds with the purpose of freezing some for the winter and some to eat fresh. I realized today I better hurry up and make a cobbler and get some frozen before the husband eats them all... he LOVES fresh peaches!

Here is a basic fruit cobbler recipe we love - you can add any fruit to it, today I did peaches of course!

Serves 6

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar (white, brown, anything you have)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk (I use lactaid, soy, or coconut)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of your favorite fruit (fresh, frozen, or canned)

Directions:
  • 1 Combine all of the ingredients except the fruit in a bowl.
  • 2 Pour it into an 8x8 pan coated with cooking spray.
  • 3 Add the fruit right on top.
  • 4 The crust will come up over the fruit and cover it.
  • 5 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.

  • Let cool and then serve!






  • 2 comments:

    1. Heidi this site is just awesome!!! I didn't know you did this :) How cool!!! Just a question, do the farmers markets near you have lots of fruits and veggies? I went to the one near us in Centennial and there was literally only like 2 booths out of the whole place that sold fresh produce... just wanted to see if you'd had better success on your end of town? Keep up the awesome recipes!!

      -Amy Lucitt

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Amy! It is a great way for me to catalog my recipes for later use and also share them with friends and family! If you click follow you can get the recipes as I post them.

      The Golden and Boulder Farmers Market have tons of fresh produce. As the season progresses (the Boulder FM goes until Oct) the produce will change with the season. If you go to the Boulder Website: http://www.boulderfarmers.org/marketnews.html and sign up for the "market news" you can get a weekly email and see what produce farms are offering that week. i would say Boulder is by far our favorite FM and they have about 15 different farms worth of produce, all different stuff. Amazing!

      ReplyDelete