Saturday, June 4, 2011

Products I Love... part 1

Since going dairy-free I have learned about a lot of great products. Here is my list of products that we are now using as staples in our house. Things we love AND they even taste amazing!

In my list you will find a lot of vegan options as well. No, we are still not vegans but I could be and I think Kevin could too with a little bit more convincing. However, for now we believe that education is key and taking a proactive stance towards what we put into our bodies is important. Finding out where our food comes from and supporting local businesses is really vital for our community.

Here is the start of my list:
(hint - if you click on the item it will take you to the website)

PROTEIN:
* Tempeh Bacon - organic soy tempeh, tastes like bacon!
* Smart Ground (mexican for tacos and original for everything else) - replaces ground beef or turkey in anything - when using the original you can season to make it taste like whatever you need it to (ie. chili, sloppy joes, etc)
* Boca Chik'n Patties - tastes just like breaded chicken patty!
* Sunshine Burgers - these GF veggie burgers are the BEST, the BBQ flavor is my personal favorite (we also love making our own vegan burgers and you can find them on this blog; search for almond or black bean burgers)

DAIRY:
* Earth Balance Butter - great vegan butter substitute comes in a tub or sticks
* Amande Yogurt - almond yogurt, Peach is my current favorite
* Green Valley Lactose Free Yogurt - this is some of the best and often more affordable yogurt
* Coconut Milk, Coffee Creamer and Yogurt - if you like coconut this is awesome - their milk and yogurt is both fantastic!
* Silk Coffee Creamer - French Vanilla is my favorite, I love it in Chai!
* Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss Icecream - personal favorite is Mint Galactica - but really they are ALL so good!

PROBIOTICS:
* Good Belly - family size quarts are the best deal price wise - we like mango and watermelon
* Attune Probiotic Chocolate Bar- mint chocolate, yes please!

SNACKS:
* O.N.E Coconut Water - best one on the market - very refreshing
* Nut Thins - try BBQ or Ranch (not dairy free) for a chip type snack but if you are looking for something to eat with hummus or dips the Pecan are great
* PopChips - all flavors!
* Seneca Crispy Apple Chips - when I don't have time to dehydrate my own these are great, try them in Caramel


Well this gets us started for now... more later! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment