Thursday, March 15, 2012

Asian Inspired Dinner

In my two previous posts I talked about two of my new Spring/Summer favorites from our Tastefully Simple product line - Tangy Ginger Dressing and Shiitake Teriyaki. I just can't get enough of these two. I want to use them on everything!

I have mentioned before that I always try to look at being Dairy Free as an adventure. I love to cook and I own my own business that deals with a great food product line so there is always something exciting to experiment with. We often turn to Asian type cuisine at our house not just because we like it but because it is often very dairy free friendly.

Last night's dinner was an another amazing winner with Thai Peanut Sauce, Buckwheat Soba Noodles and Tofu/Veggie Stirfry. I also added in some homemade Wontons just to experiment. Here are my recipes:

Thai Peanut Sauce - so easy! (previous posted on my blog)

Tofu/Veggie Stirfry served over Buckwheat Soba Noodles

Ingredients:
1/2 package Firm Tofu
EVOO and or Sesame Oil
Mixed Veggies - asparagus, cauliflower, onion, carrots, zucchini, peas, edamame, broccoli, garlic etc. (just use what you have or pick your favorites)

Directions:
* Drain and press water out of tofu then dice into small cubes. Place tofu into Shiitake Teriyaki jar and replace the lid. Shake until tofu is covered in sauce and let marinade in jar together for 10-15 minutes.
* Chop veggies into bite size pieces and place in skillet with oil and saute until soft.
* Add marinated tofu to veggies and cook for 5-10 minutes to heat.
* Serve over noodles or rice - we use Buckwheat Soba Noodles (purchased at Whole Foods)

Tangy Ginger Wontons

Ingredients:
1/2 package Firm Tofu
1 TBS Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup chopped Green Onion
Wonton Wrappers

Directions:
* Drain and press water out of Tofu.
* Place Tofu, Tangy Ginger Dressing, Nut. Yeast, Garlic and Green Onion in bowl. Mash to combine.
* Lay out Wonton Wrappers and fill with mixture. Fold and pinch sealing with water (most packages will give photo directions for this).
* Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place wontons on sheet. Spray wontons with additional cooking spray and cook at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until browning.
* Serve with extra Tangy Ginger Dressing or Thai Peanut Sauce (listed above).

No comments:

Post a Comment