Sunday, September 4, 2011

vacation.

I haven't posted in a while. Call me lazy. Doesn't mean I haven't been in the kitchen. Maybe it means I am making so many good things that I have decided to keep them a secret. hmmm....

I have really just been making a lot of old favorites. I haven't been super creative with new foods or recipes lately. Pouring my creativity into my new business is so exciting that I neglect time to be creative in other areas of my life... such as the kitchen.

This week happens to be vacation. Both us of OFF work for a whole week... paid! Loving this.

First part of the week is a Stay-cation. We used the weekend to deep clean the house for Fall, enjoy the 70 degree weather, hang out at the Farmer's Market, take recycling, oil changes, etc. The rest of our time will be used to sleep, watch movies (we have a stack of 10 from the library and borrowed from friends!), and of course EAT!.

So back to that old recipes that are favorites.... Collard Greens, Green Chili Brats, Kale and White Beans, Fresh Salsa, Millet Muffins, etc. All of which you can find on here. Just go to the top left of the blog to "search" and type in the name of the recipe or ingredient and you should be good to go.

Second half of the week involves taking our puppy to grandma's (kevin's mom), spending some time with Kevin's family, and then leaving for a 4 day camping trip in Estes Park with old beloved college friends.

Both parts of this vacation are completely what we needed. Feeling thankful!

Hope you enjoy your Labor Day, eat lots of great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment