Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July - Almond Berry Pound Cake


Happy 4th of July !!!

Today we are celebrating with friends at a BBQ. I made my traditional Berry Flag Cake. Normally I use a standard cake mix or make one from scratch (white or yellow) but this year I wanted to incorporate Tastefully Simple so I used our amazing Absolutely Almond Pound Cake! YUM!


Almond Berry Pound Cake

(from Tastefully Simple: www.tastefullysimple.com/web/hgunn)
3/4 cup butter and 1 cup water - to add to the cake mix
whip cream
blueberries and strawberries

Directions:
Bake cake as directed on mix, reduce the bake time if cooking in glass pan. Place in fridge or freezer to cool and set. (this makes it so it doesn't crumble!) Before serving cover with whip and decorate w/ berries! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment