Saturday, January 11, 2014

Slow - Cooker Beef Stroganoff

I love a good Beef Stroganoff. It is a total comfort food for me and now that I have discovered my "little" loves it as much as my husband and I do I have to bring it back to my menu rotation.

I will warn you this recipe I made this week and stocked in my freezer is NOT lactose free friendly. It does contain dairy but if you are looking for some great dairy free recipes for stroganoff there are some great vegan ones I have posted that my family highly recommends!

Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff - includes 2 recipes, the second one is my favorite served with garlic mashed potatoes!
(photo credit

However, here is a "breaking the rules" dairy recipe...

Slow - Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 lb beef tips - cubed to bite size pieces
1 small onion - diced
1 can mushroom soup (can use cream of mushroom or make your own which IS dairy free: my Homemade recipe)
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup water
4 oz cream cheese (you can buy dairy free, Green Valley Brand makes a great one)

Directions:
* Combine all ingredients (minus cream cheese) in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours. Add cream cheese and stir. Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes and a veggie of your choice.

Variations and Tips:
* Add mushrooms and or garlic!
* Sub the onion for Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion seasoning.
* If you are up for it and make a big batch of cream of mushroom soup it freezes really great. I freeze mine in 10.5 oz cups and then I am ready to go quicker than going to the store and buying a can of who knows whats in that.

Freezer Meal It!
* Place beef tips, onion, mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce in a freezer bag.
* Label and Seal Tight.
* When ready to cook dump bag in slow cooker - add water and cook.
* Add in cream cheese and serve with your noodles and veggie and or fruit sides.

What homemade noodles!!! YUM - find my recipe HERE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment