Sunday, January 12, 2014

Beef and Veggie Stir Fry

I grew up on Stir Fry. It was a staple in our home. My parents both worked and were busy with the two of us girls. They did an incredible job raising us... I mean look at us now... well me at least - just kidding sister of mine! (hugs to you - wish you were closer)

Anyways - it was a great way to again use up those veggies that might go to compost or trash. I still love a good stir fry. At our home currently we are working on getting more protein in my daughters diet. She loves chicken, salmon, beans and nut butters but isn't so swell on red meat. Not really an issue for me personally and if she turns out to never care for it that is her choice to make. However I want to make sure I offer it to her in a variety of ways so that she can make that choice.

This past week when I was planning my freezer meals for the month I saw there was some great beef on sale. I stocked up with a family size package and decided to add beef stew, beef stroganoff and a beef stir fry to the menu. The stir fry is random with random veggies and that is just how a good stir fry should be!

Beef Stir Fry

Ingredients:
Cubed Beef - bite size pieces
Cubed Veggies - bite size pieces (i.e. - broc, carrots, onion, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, peppers, garlic, turnips, beets, parsnips, tomatoes - I could go on forever!)
Seasoning of your choice
EVOO

Directions:
* Cube all meat and veggies and place in a hot saute pan coated with EVOO. Season, Stir and Fry until meat is throughly cooked and veggies are tender. Serve with noodles, rice, baked potatoes, etc.

Kitchen Tips and Tricks: 
* Any veggies work and really fruit - pineapple would be a good add in and even mango
* Make these into Kabobs and broil them in oven or grill on your patio!
* Seasonings we love are Tastefully Simple's Garlic Pepper Seasoning - TS Garlic Garlic - TS Onion Onion - TS Season Salt - etc. For a full list of seasonings we currently carry go HERE

*** If you are just dying to know exactly what I did THIS time - beef cubes, diced onion, carrot, mix of yellow and green squash with TS Garlic Pepper seasoning with a little celtic sea salt. Serving with baked sweet potatoes topped with choice of brown sugar or butter garlic sauce - we love garlic :)

Freezer Meal It:
* Dice it all up and add seasoning and a little EVOO or water to help mix in seasoning. Place in freezer bag, label, seal. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment